Monday, October 23, 2006

We saw Stevie Wonder!!!!!!!! and... India Arie!!!!!!!!

God is amazing! That is all I have to say. I accidentally bought 2 tickets (good tickets...Orchestra) to the India Arie concert on Friday night. I was having a hard time figuring out who to have go with me...and then...Channelle popped into my brain (which I'm sure was God!) . So I asked if she wanted to go and she said yes and both of us were really pumped to see India Arie. Because as you know...she is AMAZING! The concert was in Beverly Hills, so we drove down on Friday afternoon, got there in perfect time, went in, found our seats and were having a great time! It just was a very inspiring night! We danced (yes, I know, I don't dance...but I did! And it was so fun!). And as we are dancing and singing and so excited to be there...India starts singing Just the Two of Us. And we hear the harmonica...she freaks out and goes over to the side of the stage (and as she's doing this the girl next to Channelle is saying "It's Stevie Wonder! It's Stevie Wonder!")... and sure enough...IT WAS! We of course panicked and about had a heart attack! He sang that song and Redemption Song (by Bob Marley) with her! It was like the cherry on top! We got back in the car and pretty much since Friday night have been going "We saw Stevie Wonder" About 8000 times to whoever would listen. It was a great high! Amazing night! And a blessing I know was meant for us to have! Thank you God! To you be the Glory! I'll post some of the 3 pictures we took when we get them! Thanks again Channelle for being my date!

No comments: