Thursday, October 26, 2006

So proud...

I had a really joyful time last night at the worship night! I wanted to let three people in particular know how proud I am of them. One is Jena... you've come so far. And I am so glad to see you sharing your joy with the people around you who don't know that hope. I am also proud because we have talked many times about keeping your eyes open to the opportunities God gives you throughout the day. And you did, he showed it to you, you took it, and have been running with it. The feeling you have now is one you need to remember! It is an amazing feeling to have that kind of joy that I saw in you last night! Amazing!

Second is Katie... she took a step last night toward realizing her confidence is in who she is as a child of God. Who He made her. She made a choice last night to stand in the confidence of God and not run away from her problems. Hopefully it was the first in many joyful steps to realizing the potential and who you can be and what you can be used for. I am so proud of you for taking that stand! Congratulations!

Third is Danica... Last night she took a step towards the worship leader God has planted in her by singing. She has an amazing voice and God has definitely given her the gift of music. Keep taking those steps! You are amazing and I can't wait to see how God uses these talents in your life.

P.S. Don't forget to check out the nccyouth.blogspot.com (the link is on this page). I have been putting the newsletter and Hopper's sermon notes (transformers and Hosea)

2 comments:

Danica said...

Thanks for that. It was very encouraging. I haven't talked to anybody yet really, but I am really interested in talking to Brooke, Jena's Australian friend. She reminds me of Jena last year, like exactly like her. And another girl in my P.E. class came to Encounter a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been able to go lately so I feel kind of bad. But she knows that I go to Northside and I talked to her a little, but I am going to talk to her more. Ok...a lot of words. Ok see you later. I still don't know if I can go tomorrow, but I will let you know. -Danica

Jena said...

Thank you. :)