Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Proverbs 1

So last night we covered Proverbs 1 in girls bible study. In my opinion it was one of the best nights we've had in a long time. I felt like the Lord really gave everyone some insight and something to say. He spoke to everyone in a different way and I love to hear what He brings to the girls hearts. I also felt like it was special because I feel like we had such an honest conversation and time together.

That is one thing I really think God has blessed this group with...honesty...a safe place to be honest...about who YOU are, what you struggle with, how you view things, what we need to work on and encouragement to work on them. It is OK to not be perfect with this group. They love you because of and in spite of those things which you may or may not like about yourself. Now...on the other hand...if you come into the group and are not ready to be honest about yourself and what is going on inside...this can be painful. The truth hurts sometimes...but I was telling the girls last night that I am so glad that God gave me them. I would rather hear from them, out of love, that I was doing something that may need to be worked on, than from someone who wanted to hurt me with my faults or use them to defeat me. I love this group! I love their honesty, love, hearts, and sincere hope for the greatest God has for each person.

Also, last Wednesday night at church Hopper asked the question "What stands in the way of you hearing God's still small voice?"... I believe His voice is becoming more and more clear to these girls and me every day. They hear Him gently telling them to work on this or go talk to this person. I believe they are becoming more peaceful (and confident) so they can hear the quite gentle whispers of His will for them, as opposed to Him having to knock them off their feet before they would listen. It has been my privilege to watch that happen. To see them find their confidence in who they are as God's children. It really is beautiful to watch! What a blessing!

We also came up with an amazing idea for a shirt based on Proverbs 1: 17... Basically it is a bird, with a net in it's beak... on the back it would say "I've got mine"...
Read it and let us know what you think.

2 comments:

Jena said...

Bible study really was so amazing! I loved it. It was nice that we had kept an entire conversation ABOUT GOD going for the entire time...even over. And everyone felt so comfortable and open. It was really really great. I love that you open up your house to us. God has blessed us with such an amazing leader, that shows us truely that we are going to mess up and we cant be perfect, but that we have people that will surround us and help us when things get tough. You truely LOVE all the girls, and want the best for all of them. You are very sincere and genuine. I LOVE YOU! (:

Danica said...

Me too! Everything Jena said just sums up everything I was gonna say except hers is much better worded and I would have rambled....lol! You guys are amazing and incredibly encouraging right when I need it.