Monday, December 11, 2006

I know...it's been a while...

It seems like so long since I've checked in. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We went to Betsy and Darren's for Thanksgiving dinner. We all pitched in on the food and Betsy and my mom did a great job of decorating. It made it a really special day for all of us. It's always fun and interesting when your family grows and new traditions are started.

Last week I took a class to get my insurance license. All day...everyday...from Monday... all the way through Saturday. I was exhausted! I forgot how much work school was!!!! I have a new appreciation for all of you guys who sit in class and listen to boring teachers talk about boring subjects while some crazy person in the very front row so eager to... well...there are many reasons their probably eager... most of which I won't type on here. Anyhow... I digress... while some crazy person asks retarded questions about stuff you don't need to know and then goes into a story about how their step mom's brother's grandpa had a ... blah...blah... blah.... CRAZY PEOPLE! So needless to say it was a week full of interesting lessons.

God is doing so many things right now that I can see. He is moving in a lot of areas that are very important to me and that I pray for a lot. As I go through the different emotions that these situations bring I am finding a new hope, joy, patience, reliance, and humor. He has blessed me with being able to be a part of things I could never have imagined. I had one of the greatest privileges on Sunday morning. Our beautiful Danica lead worship all on her own for the youth group this week. Which in and of itself was a beautiful moment. However, God... in His beauty... gave Danica's family this week the gift of a beautiful little baby girl named Halle! So as I stood there so amazed by the visible talents God has given Danica and the way people were lead into worship by her gifts, I looked back and saw Danica's mom cradling her not-even-one-week-old-baby in her arms with tears in her eyes and gracefully rolling down her cheeks. I asked Kathleen (Danica's mom) how this moment felt and she said "I could just explode!" It was one of the most beautiful moments that I have gotten to see. Halle has a so many blessing already! Two beautiful sisters to look up to an model herself after! What a blessing sisters are... especially those who help us grow and walk closer with God! Welcome to the world Halle... we can't wait to see what God has planned for you! You will be in our prayers!


"Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other."Author Unknown

"We are more than just acquaintances... it's as if we are cut from the same fabric. Even though we appear to be sewn in a different pattern, we have a common thread that won't be broken-by people or years or distance."Author Unknown

"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there."Amy Li

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."Marion C. Garretty

"How do people make it through life without a sister?"Sara Corpening

2 comments:

Danica said...

Well...I'm so encouraged! I will post some pictures soon of Halle. Thank you so much for being so supportive and I'm so excited for when Halle wants to go to "Aunt Alyssa's" house. (I don't know if she's gonna call you that, but that's all I could think of...lol) And don't worry you're gonna be the coolest 60 year-old EVER!!! Thanks again for everything you do!

Ryann Lizzie said...

6 more school days and it's winter break! and i TOOOTAAALLYY know what you mean by the school being reeealy boring!!!!! I CAN't WAIT till winter breeeakk!!!!!!! i reeealllyy hope i can come visit in the summer!
Luv you bunches
*Ryann*