Monday, October 22, 2007

A few things God's shown me lately...



Ok... I've got a couple of suggestions for those of you looking to challenge yourself a little. First is this book... Thinkertoys... Great book! It teaches how to be creative in your life. Especially if you don't think you are creative. Good book! Great Book! Very practical examples to use to grow.

Second is... Valley Bible Fellowship (which has a campus in Las Vegas... Melissa) is the church that Jeff goes to in Bakersfield. I have gone with him a few times and the SPIRIT is definitely there. It is an amazing place to go and worship. First... they have pod casts of the speakers (http://www.vbf.org/) and so far I have listened to most of the ones that are available. They are great... God is really moving there and I would suggest you go check it out if you have the opportunity. 3500 people in one service (4 services throughout the week)!

Second is that someone from that church has shown us mychurch.org. It's like myspace but for churches (Melissa, I thought the people in your church would love this). If you get a chance go check it out. Mine is www.mychurch.org/alyssaburr. Hopefully this will replace myspace.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

valley bible fellowship is like two blocks from my house. i drive by it all the time...but have never checked it out. i will have too now.

will you come see me now that it is so close to my house? hehe!

Jena said...

very cool. yay for mychurch!